- Cheer & Dance Gear is committed to complying with New Zealand legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of Information
- Cheer & Dance Gear collects personal information in the following situations:
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
- We may use personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our products/services, including contacting an individual about a competition that he/she has entered). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where an individual would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to the individual concerned at the time of collection of the information.
- In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about an individual:
- We will not sell or pass on any information provided to us by an individual to a third party unless specifically authorised to do so.
Security and storage
- We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
- Personal information will be destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
Access to and correction of personal information
- We aim to ensure that we hold accurate information about our customers and people who enter our competitions.
- Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from an individual. To ensure confidentiality, details of personal information will be passed on only if we are satisfied that the information relates to the individual requesting the information.
- Any person is entitled to contact us at any time to confirm whether or not we hold personal information about that person and if so, to correct that information. If we refuse to provide the person with access or to correct the personal information held about that person by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal in accordance with New Zealand privacy legislation.
- If you would like to access or advise us of a change to your personal information, please email your request to email@example.com or call our us on .
- If you have a complaint about how we have dealt with your personal information, you can contact us on or you can lay a formal complaint with the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
- Further information on privacy legislation is available on the Privacy Commissioner's web site at www.privacy.org.nz.